Natural Immune Stimulants
It's that time of year again, when there's a chance we could come down with a cold or the flu. When we know this season is upon us, it's a great idea to strengthen our immune system with supplements and herbs as a preventative measure. Also, if we do notice the first on-set of symptoms, we can take these natural remedies to help fight off the illness, and hopefully eliminate the need to go to the doctor for prescription drugs.Here are some suggestions of supplements and herbs to keep on hand for these times of need...
1. Echinacea: This plant has been used to stimulate the immune system for hundreds of years by Native Americans.
2. Colloidal Silver: Silver has antimicrobial properties and has a history of being an immune support mineral. It's also been called a "natural antibiotic."
3. Elderberry: These berries are rich in compounds that prevent viruses from taking over healthy cells, especially in respiratory viral infections.
4. Ginseng: Asian Ginseng is believed to boost the immune system by increasing the number of immune cells in the blood.
5. Astragalus: Helps stimulate immune system. Anti-Viral.
6. Olive Leaf: Strengthens body's immune response. Is known as a natural antibiotic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral.
Now, as much as I believe in the power of natural supplements and herbs, I believe our VERY best defense is how we treat our bodies on a daily basis. I'm a huge proponent of eating lots of bright colored fruits and veggies and staying active, in order to boost immunity.
Take note of the following, which will LOWER your immune system...
1. Lack of exercise
2. Being overweight
3. Smoking (smoking depresses antibodies cells which protect against foreign invaders)
4. Eating foods high in sugar and fat
5. Lack of proper rest
6. Chronic stress
The little things we do each day for our health will make a huge impact on how well our bodies will fight off illness. My advice would be to check in with your body every so often, and ask how you are doing. The answers are always there. Listen to your body... it always tells the truth!